So I have commented on SELinux before and to be honest it frustrates me very badly, but it also makes a system much more secure. I have heard taht A lot of people just turn SELinux off. Working with Health Care info that is not an option.
I have found that most of the time you can either fix it simply by going through the logs and a quick google search or if you know the context is supposed to be like another files by copying it (for example I ran into an error when a file did not have permissions due to recently being ssh'd over so a service would not start). I have found 2 commands to be extremely helpful.
This one copies the security permissions of one file to the new one
chcon --reference=/path/to/existingfile /path/to/newfile
The other one is restorecon -R /path/to/file(s) which I had to do when I deleted the entire folder in /etc/folder that was being used instead of just the contents of the folder.
All in all I have to say PLEASE don't just disable SELinux. You'll find the answer somewhere that's what the internet is for.
No comments:
Post a Comment